Our maternity locations
You will receive your care at several different locations. Please check your maternity notes folder and appointment letters carefully for the location of your appointment before you attend.
All inpatient wards are on the 3rd floor of South Wing, Princess Royal University Hospital.
- Delivery Suite includes the doctor-led labour ward and theatres, induction of labour bay, transitional care and theatre recovery.
- Oasis Birth Centre is where our midwife-led suites with birth pools are located. There are two rooms with built-in birthing pools, three more birthing suites, and a four-bedded bay for postnatal care.
- Maternity Ward is where our team provide inpatient antenatal and postnatal care. If you have complications during your pregnancy you may be admitted here for closer monitoring and treatment. After your baby is born, you are likely to stay a few nights in our postnatal ward for support with your recovery before you go home.
- Maternity Assessment Unit (MAU) and Triage are on the 3rd Floor of South Wing, at the PRUH. If you need closer monitoring during pregnancy but do not need to be admitted to hospital overnight, you will be cared for here. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for urgent care from 16 weeks through to 8 weeks after the birth. Here we provide emergency care without an appointment, as well as appointments for monitoring.
- Antenatal Clinic is based at Orpington Hospital. Here we hold obstetric and specialist medical clinics, as well as screening for diabetes in pregnancy (known as Oral Glucose Tolerance testing or OGTT).
All ultrasound scans take place at the Harris Birthright Centre. The Harris Birthright Centre is based in the Fetal Medicine Research Institute, in Denmark Hill.
Midwife clinics are held in a variety of locations, including