We diagnose and treat all colon, rectum, anus and small bowel diseases and conditions, including:
- bowel (colorectal) cancer
- inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- diverticular disease
- rectal prolapse
- rectal bleeding
- incontinence and constipation
- haemorrhoids (piles)
- fistulas and anal fissures
We use a wide range of investigations for diagnosis including colonoscopy, and ultrasound, MRI and CT scans. We provide specialist surgery such as laparoscopic resections and other treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Our team of stoma nurse specialists provides follow-up care and advice for stoma patients.
Our Enhancing your recovery after colorectal surgery (ERAS) (pdf) leaflet has more information on preparing for colorectal surgery and recovery.
Inpatient and day surgery is provided at the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) with outpatient clinics at the Princess Royal and Orpington Hospital.
Princess Royal University Hospital and Orpington Hospital:
Tel: 01689 865800
For GPs and referrers
- For suspected cancer, refer via the urgent suspected cancer pathway.
- For all other referrals, GPs should use NHS e-Referral only. Other health professionals can refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.