The Chartwell Unit at Princess Royal University Hospital diagnoses and treats a wide range of cancers including:
- blood (haemato-oncology)
- upper gastro-intestinal
We also provide breast cancer screening and treatment, acute oncology, chemotherapy and palliative care.
We work with specialists at King’s Denmark Hill site, and the Royal Marsden and Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals to provide you with the best care and treatment.
Preparing for your appointment
Because you may need to have a range of tests and investigations your appointment may last up to half a day. When you arrive, please let us know if there are any changes in your personal details, such as a new address or GP.
Please bring with you:
- your appointment letter and any other information that we have sent you
- all the medicines you are taking including prescribed medicines, inhalers, any you have bought in a chemist or other shops, and alternative medicines
- any samples that we have asked you for
- a list of any questions that you want to ask us.
Princess Royal University Hospital
- Chartwell outpatients reception, tel: 01689 863160
- Chartwell treatment suite, tel: 01689 863155
- Chartwell ward, tel: 01689 863170
For GPs and referrers
- For suspected cancer, refer using the 2 week wait referral pathway.
- For other referrals, GPs should use NHS e-Referrals only. Other health professionals can refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.