To protect our patients, staff and the community during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have made changes to our services.
Emergency eye service
Our video emergency eye service is currently unavailable. We are working to get this back up and running as soon as possible.
In the meantime:
- if you live in South East London, please use the South East London Minor Eye Conditions Service
- if you live outside of South East London, please use your local minor eye care service
If these options are not suitable, please attend your local urgent treatment centre or A&E service.
Patients already under the care of the King’s Ophthalmology team with urgent queries can also contact us using the details below.
Services for our existing patients
The King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Ophthalmology team see patients at:
- King’s College Hospital
- Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) in Bromley
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich
- and Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup
If you are an Ophthalmology patient at one of these hospitals and you have an urgent query, you can contact us on:
- King’s College Hospital patients: 020 3299 3878
- Princess Royal University Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, and Queen Mary’s Hospital Sidcup patients: 020 3961 3436
If you have a minor eye problem please contact the South East London Minor Eye Conditions Service.
As of 1 April 2022, there will no longer be an Ophthalmology service at University Hospital Lewisham. Patient care will be transferred to King’s College Hospital, under the same consultant. Patients will be notified in writing directly. If you have any queries, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 3299 6706 or 020 3299 6705.
For GPs and referrers
- GPs should use NHS e-Referral only
- Other health professionals can refer by emailing email@example.com. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.