Trauma and orthopaedics
We treat injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles.
Elective (planned) surgery is provided at our dedicated orthopaedic centre at Orpington Hospital and day surgery at the Princess Royal University Hospital’s Alan Cumming Day Surgery Unit. We also hold a number of outpatient clinics at Princess Royal and Orpington hospitals and Beckenham Beacon.
We provide a wide range of services including:
- correcting common and complex foot and ankle problems
- hip joint surgery, hip resurfacing, treatment of hip problems in young adults
- treatment of acute knee injuries including sports injuries, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery
- shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist surgery
- children’s orthopaedics
- daily fracture clinic, held at the Princess Royal.
Princess Royal University Hospital
Fracture clinic, tel: 01689 863732
Outpatient reception, tel: 01689 865111 / 01689 865112
Outpatient reception, tel: 01689 866633 / 01689 866634
For GPs and referrers
- GPs should use NHS e-Referral only, and select an orthopaedic pathway. See the fracture referral pathway for more details of referring for suspected or confirmed fracture.
- Other health professionals can refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.
Direct the patient to an Urgent Care Centre or Emergency Department, with a letter and x-ray if possible.
GPs can check the fracture referral pathway for more details of referring for suspected or confirmed fracture.