We diagnose and treat mouth and jaw conditions that do not need surgery. We see patients with suspected oral cancer within two weeks of referral. Our service is based at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup.
Conditions we treat include:
- abnormalities of the lining of your mouth
- white or red or pigmented patches
- lumps and bumps
- pain in your face, jaw or mouth
- mouth dryness and salivary gland disorders.
We do not treat common dental disorders such as tooth and gum disease or mouth trauma/injuries.
We are also carry out research such as:
- oral cancer in young people and the care they receive
- oral cancer screening tests
- using laser technology to remove precancerous sores (oral leukoplakia).
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- a completed medical history form
- the name and address of your GP and dentist
- a list of your medications.
Queen Mary’s Hospital, Junction 7, Outpatient’s Department, A Block
- Change/cancel your first (new patient) outpatient appointment only, tel: 01689 865800
- Change/cancel your follow-up outpatient appointment and questions about your treatment, tel: 020 8308 3193 / 3158 / 3002 / 3004
For GPs and referrers
Please send a referral letter, which includes patient and practice details, to the Oral Medicine department using one of the following methods:
Fax: 020 8308 3188
Post: Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Kent DA14 6LT