We provide specialist orthopaedic care at King’s Elective Orthopaedic Centre at Orpington Hospital. The new purpose-built centre has state-of-the-art operating theatres and a dedicated team of surgeons, anaesthetists, theatre and ward nurses, and therapists, providing the very best of care.
We carry out day or inpatient surgery at Orpington Hospital with outpatient clinics at Orpington, Princess Royal University and King’s College hospitals.
We offer a full range of surgical treatment for a variety of conditions, including:
- joint replacement
- revision joint replacement
- arthroscopic (keyhole) knee, ankle and shoulder surgery
- ligament and tendon repair.
Our team aims to get you up and moving, ready to go home as soon as possible after surgery. So we build a care package around you, based on your needs, including physiotherapists and occupational therapists to support your recovery, from pre-assessment to post-operative care.
Your care at King’s Elective Orthopaedic Centre:
- Our Guide to King’s Elective Orthopaedic Centre at Orpington (video) explains what happens when you come in for surgery.
- Our Guide to anaesthesia used during joint replacement (video) explains the types of anaesthestic you may be offered, their benefits and risks, and what to expect before, during and after your operation.
King’s Elective Orthopaedic Centre, Orpington
- Patient enquiries: tel 01689 866294
Princess Royal University Hospital
- Outpatient appointments: tel: 01689 865800
For GPs and referrers
- GPs should use NHS e-Referral only
- Other health professionals can refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.