We diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions such as:
- post-menopausal bleeding
- heavy and/or painful periods
- continence symptoms such stress and urge incontinence
- uterine fibroids/polyps
- ovarian cysts
- pelvic pain and pelvic inflammatory disease
- gynaecological cancers
- ectopic pregnancies
- hyperemesis – excessive nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy
- fertility problems
Treatment is provided at the Alan Cumming Day Surgery Unit at Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) and by a number of general outpatient clinics and specialist services, including:
- Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU), at the Princess Royal – for problems in early pregnancy – 9am to 12.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Colposcopy, at Orpington Hospital – diagnosis and treatment after an abnormal cervical smear.
- Urodynamics, at Orpington Hospital – diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence.
Princess Royal University Hospital
- First appointments, general gynaecology outpatients, tel: 01689 865800
- Follow-up appointments, general gynaecology outpatients, tel: 01689 865736 / 01689 865737 / 01689 865738
- Early Pregnancy Unit, tel: 01689 865721
- Colposcopy appointments, tel: 01689 866080
For GPs and referrers
- Urgent Early Pregnancy Unit referrals: Bromley GPs should use the Referrals Optimisation Tool to refer patients to these services. GPs from other boroughs, and other health professionals, should complete the Early Pregnancy Unit referral form and email it to kch-tr.PRUHepagsu@nhs.net.
- Colposcopy: referrals are via the national screening programme.
- Suspected cancer: refer via the urgent suspected cancer pathway.
- All other referrals: GPs should use NHS e-Referral only. Other health professionals can refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Send one referral per email and include patient and GP practice details.