Outpatient clinics are an important part of the care we provide. We see many thousands of outpatients every year and want to ensure your appointment goes smoothly.
When you arrive, you can check in using the Intouch mobile app (please see below for details). If you are unable to use this, please go to the clinic on your appointment letter and give your name and letter to the receptionist, who will check your details and book you into the clinic.
Please help us by arriving for your appointment on time.
What to bring with you
- Your appointment letter.
- Any medicines you are taking.
- Any samples that we have asked for.
- Money for prescriptions or a prescriptions exemption certificate.
- A list of any questions you would like to ask.
How do I change my appointment?
For queries about your appointment, call the number given at the top of your outpatient appointment letter.
See our contacts page for details of other numbers for outpatient queries.
Please be aware that you may receive a text message from the hospital to postpone or reschedule your appointment. You do not need to follow up with us if you do receive a text and we will be in touch to reschedule your appointment.
Intouch mobile app
The Intouch Appointment Manager is a check-in and calling mobile app you can use to register your arrival for a pre-booked outpatient appointment. This means you won’t need to see a receptionist.
Please follow the below instructions to download and use the Intouch mobile app:
1. Download the app called ‘Intouch Appointment Manager V2’ from Google Play or the App Store to your phone
2. When you arrive at the hospital, connect to the hospital Wi-Fi network, ‘NHS Wi-Fi’
3. Open the app and allow the app to use your location to make sure you’re close to the hospital
4. Enable app notifications so staff can send you a notification when they are ready to see you for your appointment and where to report to
5. Select which hospital site you are attending. The app is available to use at all our hospital sites (Beckenham Beacon, King’s College Hospital, Orpington Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Tessa Jowell Health Centre)
6. Click on the button ‘I have an appointment’
7. You will be asked to provide your date of birth and postcode. Then select ‘confirm’ to check in for your appointment
8. When staff are ready, you will be called to your appointment through a notification in the app
If you have any problems using the app, please go straight to the reception desk.