Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors.
If you have concerns about a current inpatient, please ask to speak to the ward manager or nurse in charge. They can offer you assistance and try to address your concerns.
What PALS can help with
PALS can help with the following:
- You can ask us for information about the hospital’s services.
- We can advise you where to get health information.
- We can help with problems that you have not been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a clinic.
- If you want to make a complaint, we can tell you how to do so. We can also tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
- We listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and we offer opportunities for people to get involved in how they develop.
- We can help find interpreters, signers, and other support for patients who need extra help using our services. For example, our Safeguarding Adults team helps patients who have a learning disability.
See your medical records
For full details go to our page about how to see your medical records. PALS does not handle these requests; they are handled by the Trust’s Patient Records Service.
Say thank you or give a compliment
If you would like to say thank you to a staff member or team, or compliment the people who treated you, we would love to hear from you. Send your comments to us using the contact details on this page. We will make sure our teams receive your comments.
For assistance from PALS at Princess Royal University Hospital, Orpington Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital and Beckenham Beacon, contact our service at the Princess Royal.
Tel: 01689 863252 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (not bank holidays)