This section explains who to contact with your concerns and complaints and how they can help you.


Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and diversity team offer support, information and assistance to patients, relatives, carers and visitors.

  • You can ask us for information about the Trust’s services.
  • We can advise you where to go to get health information.
  • We can help with problems that you have not been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a clinic.
  • If you want to make a complaint, we can tell you how to do so. We can also tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.

How to contact us

For assistance from PALS at Princess Royal University Hospital, Orpington Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital and Beckenham Beacon, contact our service at the Princess Royal. We are open from 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Tel: 01689 863252


Making a complaint

Our staff will do whatever they can to make sure you receive the highest standard of treatment. But there can sometimes be misunderstandings or you may not be happy with your treatment, and you will want to let us know.

Here we explain your options. We treat every complaint seriously and aim to resolve them as quickly and fully as possible. Making a complaint will not affect your future care or treatment at King’s.

What are my options?

  • Talk it through: please talk to a member of staff in the department or ward and they will try to resolve things as quickly as possible. If you are on a ward, the best person to speak to is the ward manager or senior nurse on duty. If you are an outpatient, you can ask for help at reception when you attend your appointment.
  • Contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS): phone them on 01689 863252, 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. You can also email them at They may be able to help resolve problems or give you useful information.
  • Make a formal complaint: if the PALS team cannot deal with your concerns or you want to make a formal complaint, you can call the Complaints Department on 020 3299 3209; complete this online form; or email
  • NHS Complaints Advocacy: If you feel that you need support to raise your concern or complaint, you can contact POhWER’s NHS Complaints Advocacy Service. They can provide independent, free and confidential information and support to people wishing to make a complaint about the NHS.